Sometimes taking care of your diabetes every day can be really challenging. When we have busy days it’s very easy to forget about the things we planned to do. But when it comes to diabetes, forgetting about your diabetes daily routine is out of the question. Let me share the list of daily habits you should stick to every day:
- Check your blood sugar after you wake up;
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast;
- Remember to take your insulin and other medications;
- Make sure you have all your supplies and snacks (including backup insulin and extra sugary/protein snacks) before going out;
- Have a healthy snack if needed;
- Have a balanced healthy lunch (check your blood sugar before and after your lunch);
- Get regular exercise (Walking, dancing, working out, swimming, cycling, cleaning your house, etc.);
- If you have a sedentary job or just spend much time sitting remember to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity;
- Make a nutritious dinner (check your blood sugar before and after again. Don’t skip dinners to avoid hypos at night);
- Get enough sleep;
- If you wear CGM, remember to protect it with Fixic adhesive patch so it will live longer!
Save so as not to lose!